It’s time to fill you in on another great Internet Marketing Resource that I have encountered. This one is called Marketing Experiments. MarketingExperiments.Com is a member of the MEC Labs Group and a division of Digital Trust Inc. MEC is an online laboratory with a simple (but not easy) five-word mission statement: To discover what really works. The Lab tests every conceivable marketing method on the Internet. The research is done by MarketingExperiments.com and funded by their Research Partners. A portion of the results are published in the Marketing Experiments Journal.
Internet Marketing lends itself to much more objectivity than most offline methods due the ability to gather data quickly and quite competely. However even online, everytime you start a new campaign, you’re essentially beginning from scratch and likely to waste effort and money prior to either getting it right or abandoning the effort. The great thing about the Marketing Experiments Journal is that they are continuously publishing objective results on real campaigns, designed from the beginning to be measurable.
Recent research published includes:
- The Power of Small Changes — How minor changes to your website can have a major impact on your conversion rate.
- Click Fraud – Research indicates that as much as 30% of paid search traffic may be fraudulent.
- Optimizing Subscription Pathways — How simplifying the sign-up process can result in a dramatic increase in the number of subscribers to your newsletters or subscription services.
Upcoming research activities listed on the site include:
- Overstock Auctions as a Marketing Channel Tested
- Order Paths Tested
- Subscriber Retention Tested
I have found the research to be comprehensive, useful and interesting. So whether you are researching the efficacy of a specific type or program, or simply trying to increase you knowledge about “what works”, give MarketingExperiments.com a look. I believe that you’ll be glad that you did.
Very interesting. I’m glad you get to share such good finds. Thanks for the good link.